Sunday, March 14, 2010

spring?

Just some randomness:
  • I haven't wanted to to jinx it by talking about it, but March has come in very "lamb-like". Today has been the coldest day thus far- and it is about 5 degrees and rainy. I can't complain too much about that. Next week, we'll see double digits a few times....hooray for March.
  • We scored a really good deal on a hotel in Boston. I was getting a little freaked out that we hadn't booked a place to stay for the night before the marathon yet, but our procrastination payed off and we found a really great deal on HotWire. Hooray!
  • We're headed to a Pi day party this evening. In honour of this, we are making our very first pie from scratch. This is the first time either of us has ever attempted pie dough...hopefully it turns out.
  • My training for the Covered Bridges Half Marathon is going pretty well. While some of it has to do with the wonderful weather, I also feel like I'm mostly running well. Obviously I have the occasional bad run, but I've been doing well with putting the good and the bad into perspective. Now the goal will be to keep it up and to learn to be mentally tough when I race.
  • My fund raising for the half marathon, however, isn't going as well as I would like. I clearly need to work a little harder at it. I'm hoping to sell a few St. Patrick's day cookies at work this week to help out. If you would like to donate, click here for instructions.
I hope you all had a great weekend- did anyone run a St. Patrick's day race? Did you dress up? I thought of doing one, but never followed through...Now I don't think there are any races around here until the beginning of May...oops.

1 comment:

kris said...

Have some pi : )