Thursday, January 21, 2010

interesting reads

A few things I've read in the last few days on some of the blogs I like to check out:

If you're interested in a different perspective on aid and African orphanages, go on over to the things i know, read the article she suggests (or you could read it here). I found it really interesting.

Want some cheap tips on how to eat healthy on a budget? Check out Frayed Laces. She's said herself that she doesn't guarantee tastiness, but she does guarantee CHEAP. (she's a grad student after all)

Ever wonder just how intense a waffle craving can get? I doubt you can read this "Ode to Waffles" without wanting one.

Interested in someone's take on "getting fit" instead of "getting thin"? Check out Eating Journey. Her post really made me think...but sort of in the opposite way. I don't have any weight to lose, but if someone told me that gaining 15 pounds would make me the fittest I'd ever been, what would I think? If it meant that I was a little "fluffier" but could run a marathon in 3 hours and 40 minutes, would I choose vanity or would I take the 15 pounds? (obviously this is really rhetorical because I'm not sure how me gaining 15 pounds would make me fitter, and it would take a heck of a lot of effort, but whatever)

I hope you enjoy the reads- I sure did.

No comments: