Saturday, November 14, 2009

a long week

As you can probably tell from that last post (and really the last couple of posts), I didn't have the best week. It should have been a good week. My mum was here, my sister was here for a day, and the sun was shining most of the week. But, it started with me being sick with some sort of respiratory thing (it wasn't the flu...i swear!) and due to the exhaustion of recovering from that plus some craziness at work, it just didn't end well either. By the time Friday afternoon rolled around, I was REALLY ready for the weekend and extra ready for Jordan to be home.

Now that I've had a little more sleep, some relaxation, and some time with Jordan, all of it feels much better...and I think I might actually get out for a run tomorrow (it has been more than a week due to visits and sickness) so things are looking even better.


Plus, I got confirmation that, in June, I'll be running the Covered Bridges Half Marathon for Team Alzheimer's. It is something I've been thinking about doing ever since I went to the cemetery for my grandmother's burial and realized that it was minutes from the finish line of the race (which was also my first half marathon). So, I'm pretty excited about that and stay tuned for some fund raising efforts (and if you have any fund raising ideas, let me know).

So what do you do to cheer yourself up when you have a terrible week (or day)? I may or may not have done a little "retail therapy" but for the most part, I just tried to breathe, remind myself that "this too shall pass," and focus on things that make me smile.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Glad you are feeling better! I think it's amazing that in the midst of your horrible week, you went out of your way to make "the girls" at work feel better about our day and ourselves.

There there is some character! :) See you tomorrow.

k said...

Thanks Rhonda :)