Wednesday, November 18, 2009

blogger vegan for a day

It is "vegan week" in blog land! No, I haven't gone vegan for the week- I wasn't quite prepared for that. Instead, despite my love of dairy and of course bacon, I've decided to throw my hat into the "Blogger Vegan 4 a Day" ring. You can read about it on Eating Journey, Silly Tater Tot, and several other blogs, but here's what I'll be doing: eating vegan for the day (so no meat or any sort of animal products- some say nothing with a face or made by something with a face, but since I'll be "making" the food" I guess that doesn't totally work), trying my best to take pictures of what I eat for the day, and then telling you all about it.


Got it? I think it will be interesting, although I don't think going vegan for a day will be nearly as difficult as it would be to go vegan for a week. We'll see how tomorrow goes and then maybe next month I'll go vegan for two days :) My sister ate vegan for awhile...she seemed to do ok. Will I ever go vegan? No, not unless something changes drastically and for some really important reason I feel like I have to do it. But I think it will be interesting for a day.

Are you vegan? Are you a "reformed" vegan? What are your thoughts about veganism?

3 comments:

lu said...

i went vegan for a week once and i remember feeling really hyper because i ate a lot of fruit. i could never give up cheese though and i am not so convinced that veganism is very healthy, but i am interested to see how you feel after a meat product-free day!

Michelle said...

Thanks for supporting us. Post pics of your meals..and let me know when you do!

Runner Leana said...

Hmm, I think it would be interesting to try. Maybe I'll do my own vegan for a week challenge in the new year!