Thursday, October 29, 2009

something that is green

Two exciting things in green arrived today.

The first was my green bin. I had heard people talking about them, I knew they were being delivered soon, but for whatever reason, it didn't really click that I too would be getting one of these fabled green bins. I'll have to read up on it and figure out what I put in it and when pick-up starts.

The second green delivery was my new cook book: How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. I'd try to be all suspenseful and make you try to guess if I was going veg and then do some sort of big reveal, but I have a documented history of bacon love, so we know that's not going to happen. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the touching and preparation of meat and I don't choose to do it all that often. Since I am alone during most of the week, most of my dinners end up being fairly meatless...so I thought I'd get the book to get some more ideas.

The best part about ordering the book online (besides the 34% off) is that we ordered it at the same time as The River Cottage Meat Book- a book all about meat.

1 comment:

kris said...

Here's an article that made me think of you and Jordan: Globe and Mail. Let us know if you give it a try.