Monday, September 14, 2009

wowii

Pardon the terrible title- I just had to do it. Just a short little update to say:

Check out Heather's race report over on her blog! Again, she and the rest of the Canmore runners killed their races and their PRs!

As I mentioned yesterday, I ran 8 miles and did an hour of yoga in the morning. I'm a little bit sore today but it isn't from the 8 miles OR the yoga but rather from the wii bowling I did last night.

We decided that full wind up and full bowling stance was required...so I bowled it up. Not only did I get 6 strikes in a row (yeah, that's right...and they call it the "six pack") but I kicked everyone's butt in the first game by scoring a 222. Then of course, Jordan had to ruin it all by getting the EXACT SAME SCORE in the third game. He just couldn't let me bask in the glory :) Regardless (and I really am joking...i think it is pretty hilarious that we got the same high score), my bowling muscles are actually pretty sore today- especially my intercostal muscles. It is pretty darn hilarious that the thing that did me in was the video game. I'm now looking forward to Wednesday's massage even more!

5 comments:

lu said...

your title reminded me of my favourite coffee shop in thailand - it was called Wowee and everytime i said i emphasised the 'wee!' and squealed like a child.

and their coffee and ambiance was pretty darn good too!

Kirst said...

Next time you guys come here we'll have to have a wii bowling game with Grandma. SHe'd probably kick all our butts.

k said...

lu- Is there any other way to say "wowee"? I think not :)

Kirst- Shall we start the trash talk now? I'll spank you ALL!

Heather said...

when I saw "intercostal muscles" I definitely saw something else first...

lu said...

i have never played wii before, but wii bowling sounds like something i might like!