Wednesday, August 05, 2009

phew.


Well, the biggest part of the chaos is complete. We are moved out, moved in, and we're starting to get settled (emphasis on starting). We had an unfortunate paint incident (did you know that they make paint the colour of band-aids? it looks like crap on the walls), we left stuff behind during a trip to Ikea, I can't seem to find a couple of things, but all in all, things have gone pretty well. We had unpacked the U-haul by 10:45am on Saturday- not bad at ALL! (Plus, the email from our former landlord thanked us for leaving the apartment in "perfect" condition. And I didn't even think it was really all that clean but considering the fact that they had to be in the apartment below us for an entire week cleaning and repairing after they left, it was in pretty darn good shape).

I'm really liking being closer to work (I can walk), loving the fact that I can look out the windows and see green, and really thankful not to have to dodge drug deals on the way home. I already miss Planet coffee (though we can still go down there...i have to remember that) and being a 5 minute walk to two grocery stores. Oh, and we have wireless internet now so I'm blogging from the couch for once (and not in the stifling hot old office that made me sweat). Plus, it is nice and cool in this new place and again, I love that I can hear trees and leaves instead of giant trucks going by. The worst sound has been the cat that has scared the jebus out of me two mornings in a row when it has meowed right in my ear through the bathroom window (which is currently covered with a sheet, which is why I can't see it and thus why it terrifies me so).

So there's still a lot to do with making this place feel like home (and to be honest, just getting everything else put away and set up), but we're getting there, and we will get there :)

4 comments:

lu said...

phew is right! moving is so stressful and i am glad that you managed to do it without any great challenges other than band-aid paint colour.

hope the new nest is already feeling like home.

Liz said...

Don't tell me there was a problem with positive vibes? That's not positive at all!

k said...

Oh, the vibes were anything but positive...

kris said...

Sounds like your new place is great (other than the peeping cat - make sure it isn't wearing one of these). You guys might never want to leave.