Wednesday, August 12, 2009

new neighbours

We have a neighbour I knew nothing about before tonight. I think he lives in the tree...I wish I had gotten a better picture, but he was kind of shy and managed to find the most shaded spot he could. I'll try for a better one next time (hint- look for the glinting eyes):
Apparently he walked right into our upstairs neighbour's apartment the other day- therefore, our screen door will ALWAYS be closed. As much as I thought he was cute, there's no way he's allowed in...

In other news, I was interviewed by a reporter today about Operation Beautiful. I'm pretty sure that I sounded like an idiot. I really wish I knew how to be well-spoken when put on the spot, but I just sort of freeze up and end up sounding like a fool. I'm pretty sure I managed to keep the "like"s to a minimum, but there were way too many "um"s and just instances when I lost my way mid-sentence for me to feel like I came off anything other than a little moronic. Oh well.

And again, if you have an extra couple of seconds and are at a different computer than you were last time you voted ('cause you know you did right?), click on over here and vote for Kristen! I'm way behind, so it is a bit of a long shot, but it is worth a try.

5 comments:

Reverend Joyleaf said...

You do NOT want that guy to hang around your place. Buy yourself some fox urine to keep him away.

WORD VERIFICATION:
wisess

I imagine someone calling me a wise ass with a Scottish accent.

k said...

After hearing some strange sounds at about 1am (and telling jordan that if the raccoon was indeed on our deck, stuck in the containers under the tarp he should NOT try to get it out because in my sleep induced haze I was convinced he'd get rabies), this fox urine business doesn't sound like a bad idea. Although I'm wondering what it smells like to the human olfactory palette...I don't really want my deck to smell like pee. Part of what I don't miss about our last neighbourhood is the smell of urine...

kris said...

Next time I'm over we can have asparagus for supper and I'll pee on that tree if you want. That oughta do the trick.

lu said...

eeek! that would be a little disconcerting. maybe even worse than random birds flying into your flat by accident!

k said...

Kris- every so often today, I have just started to giggle because the thought of you "asparagus peeing" on our deck floats through my head...