Sunday, August 16, 2009

happy birthday heather

Today is the anniversary of my epic sit by the telephone in my little red chair. Who knew a four year old could sit in one place for so long? Clearly I had an important reason to do so: my dad promised me that he would call me first. And finally, sometime in the late afternoon (while I had briefly left my post to answer the call of the Dickie Dee truck), I was rewarded and he called to let me know that I had a little sister. She clearly had me at hello:
heather home from hospital
And now she's all growned up (ok, so maybe I am too):

Earlier this morning I was thinking that this is the 4th birthday of her's that I haven't been around for and that there will probably be a point where we've spent more brithdays apart than together. It made me a little sad, but at the same time, I realize that that's what tends to happen when you grow up...But the good news is, we've had many o bithdays together- many with rainbow chip cake complete with rainbow chip icing, and the time I made her a cake from scratch and first learned of my complete ineptitude at making icing (shoulda bought rainbow chip for old times sake)- and I'm sure there will be at least a few more.

Happy 25th Birthday Heather! I really wish I could be around for this one.

(and speaking of Heather, there's still time to vote if you haven't voting closes at 8pm EST)

2 comments:

Kirst said...

Happy Birthday Heather!

Heather said...

Thanks!!! We will have to make trips for our birthdays so we spend lots together still!!