Monday, August 17, 2009

advisories galore

Well, as I said last week, summer is here. I think we are currently under a heat advisory, a humidex advisory, and a smog advisory. I think the only other one we could be under is a thunderstorm watch and with the heat and humidity, I wouldn't be surprised if that came next. It is pretty warm- as in "feels like" 41 degrees warm.

Enough about the melting (although clearly it is time to start using my rules for hot weather). Thank you to all who voted for me/Heather over at the photo shoot contest. I think Sarah (the girl who won) knows a lot more people than I do :) Though by looking at the voting map, I like to think that I got the "stranger" vote. Regardless, it was a long shot to begin with, but I appreciate all of your support. It would have been nice for my sister to have won the photo shoot (on her birthday), but I'm grateful to all who voted.


It has been an eventful few days, but I will go into that in more detail some other time :)
Hope you all had a great Monday! Is it as hot where you are as it is here?

And in honour of Mr. Bolt- who has now broken two world records on two August 16ths in a row:

(I saw people in the crowd with these and loved them)

No comments: