Monday, June 22, 2009

monday monday....

It is Monday, I'm tired, I don't have a lot to say...but I seem to be on a roll and I don't want to break it. For those of you NOT in eastern Ontario (I'd say that would be most of you)...it is HOT. Not melt away into a puddle of goo hot quite yet, but somehow we seem to have skipped spring and gone right into summer. My third floor apartment feels humid, sticky, and a little claustrophobic.

Anyway, I went on a nice little bike ride yesterday instead of running. I think it was a good thing for my legs and I'm very excited to run again tomorrow even though it will be hot- so I think the bike ride worked! Hopefully I'll be just as excited tomorrow when the humidex rears its ugly head.
Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Kirst said...

We seem to have gone back to fall. It had better get nice again.

Leslie's Keith said...

I just flew 'over you' from the 10 degree Banff to a grey and rainy Halifax...please send your extra heat East until Friday, then west...Thanks,

Keith

k said...

i have some friends in halifax that have been complaining about the non-stop rain...i will try to send you all some sun!

S said...

well, it's melt away into a puddle of goo hot down here in Kansas. The brilliant owners of my office building have decided to turn off the a.c. every evening and overnight. So yesterday, the air was so heavy and still in the building, I thought I would pass out. It's better today.

I can't run when it's this hot. Do I get any cardio points for posting comments on blogs of people who are running or biking?

k said...

I think typing a comment is worth at least a cardio point or two :)

Leslie's Keith said...

Are cardio points like 'carbon offsets'?...if that's the case, I have lots of 'cardio offset points' to trade with all this training for Trans Rockies...anyone need some 'points'...I'll take offers...

k said...

i'll trade a cupcake for 5 cardio points :)