Saturday, June 20, 2009



Just thought I'd put this in for today. I ran a women's only 5K today and really wanted to stick a note in the bathroom saying "you are a great runner,* and you are beautiful too" but with all my pre-race stuff going on, I didn't have the chance. I did have a good race though. And I got to see one of Canada's top female runners come flying by since it was a loop course. I'll post a recap and some pictures tomorrow.

*I got a text from my sister saying "you are a great runner" the day of my "back from stress fracture" 10K and it made me smile (and almost made me cry).

2 comments:

lu said...

that is awesome!

it reminds me of the messages that smartset (i think) had on the mirrors in the fitting rooms a few years ago that said 'you are beautiful' and perhaps not for the same altruistic purposes of these notes, i still think the message is a positive one and one we can give to other women so easily, so let's do it!

Heather said...

yeah I'm a really great sister.







(that was a joke in case anyone who doesn't know me is thinking I'm the worlds worst human.)