Saturday, April 25, 2009

so far...

Well, I'm in Calgary for a few days and got in on Thursday night. So far I have:
  • Been amazed at how busy the airport was on Thursday night. I have only seen it that busy at Christmas- there were people EVERYWHERE! (a quick sidenote- two of the people sitting in front of me on the flight were off to Banff to go to some Coors light party that they had won. listening to them talk to the guy next to them about how excited they were about the coors light girls that would be working the party both made my day and made me throw up in my mouth a little)
  • Actually been acknowledged by my mother's cat- and not in a "she bit my ankles" kind of way. I think she's still mad at me for leaving, so usually she is kind of mean to me, but yesterday she was actually nice to me. Maybe she's trying to sweeten me up so that I'll play some hall soccer...but unfortunately Jordan isn't here, so no hall soccer.
  • Had lunch with my mother, sister and grandmother. (greek food. yum)
  • Got some Active Release Therapy (that is a really ugly looking website). It felt really quite terrible at times, but I think it will be quite helpful. (seriously...some of that pain was unbelievable)
  • Had sushi with some lovely dinner company.
  • Gone for a lovely (albeit cold) run along the Bow river...that ended with a lung, quad, and butt burning trip up the Edworthy Park hill. Just out of curiousity, I checked my pace right before the hill and then during the hill. I was about three and a half minutes per mile slower up the hill but felt like there was no way I was going to be able to move any faster. Can I blame the altitude on that?
Today should be another full day, but I really wish the sun would come out. It was cold yesterday, but at least the sun was out to prevent me from thinking too much about the fact that it was more than 20 degrees warmer in Ottawa. Today, it kind of looks like the sun decided to take a day off...so I'll be very jealous of sunny O-town.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It's not that nice here, but at least it's nice company! Sister reunion!

Leslie's Keith said...

The ski touring was good though...

Keith