Sunday, April 19, 2009

bad blogger

I think I just had a really tiring week...I'll blame that on my lack of blogging. And since I'm still feeling a little tired, point form it is:
  • I seem to have an almost constant stomach ache these days. It has been about a week of consistant tummy trouble. I haven't enjoyed it much.
  • That didn't stop me from eating at Friendly's yesterday. But I think that meal is why my stomach was in a terrible place last night and still hurts today.
  • After eating at Friendly's, I think I have a better idea of why obesity is such a problem. $9.99 for a burger, fries, drink and a sundae...
  • I was at Friendly's because a friend and I decided to take a quick road trip to northern New York for the day. It is only 2 hours away...and certain groceries are not only cheaper (Kashi Go Lean Crunch 2 pack for less than $6) but you can also get products that aren't available in Canada. I have a couple of new yoghurts to try now :)
  • Someone with a southern Alberta area code called me at 2:10 this morning (well, I guess at 12:10 for them). Was it you?
  • I'm getting pretty excited for my trip to Calgary. Not only do I want to see some of the people I really miss but I also want to check out some new chocolate and coffee in town. (although that coffee might not be that new. I think I may have had it before)
  • I hope I can get at least a couple of runs in while I'm there. I'm also hoping to try a spin class.
  • Do you think I need some sort of costume for my role as head cheerleader at the race? (and i hope the weather forecast changes I'm leaving this for this. Plus, I'm not sure Heather will appreciate racing in the snow)
Have an enjoyable Sunday!
(And there is still lots of time to donate to the Ottawa Hospital Foundation and to issue any sort of statements about donating based on performance. I'm practising using the video function on my camera just in case Jordan manages those push ups at the end of the race...gotta have proof!)

7 comments:

Heather said...

It wasn't me, unless I did it in my sleep!

k said...

I know your phone number...and it wasn't yours :)

lu said...

i think it was me!!! i need to put the lock on my phone because it keeps calling people. sorry about that.

i drove by that chocolate place the other day, it looks cute! and there was a write-up about the owner in the paper and how he sampled all these different types of cocoa to find the best combination to make his chocolate. i think i'd like to become a chocolate connoiseur!

Kirst said...

How fun just taking a little trip. We have some people here that might be excited for Auntie Kristen to come.

Anonymous said...

What dates are you in town?? Do you have time for some drinks and snacks? We´re in Mexico until Thrusday night....but should be able to work our schedule around yours after that if you can.

Dee

k said...

You always know how to tempt me with your promises of snacks. You know how I love snacks :)

Runner Leana said...

Have a good trip out to Calgary and hopefully I'll see you out on the course! Thanks for the link on the chocolate place. I need to go check that out!

(And I need to go home and finish eating all of my Bernard Callebaut easter chocolates if they only last 7 to 10 days...!!)