Friday, April 03, 2009

and the winner is:

Keith! (He who gets hungry every time he reads my blog. It seems fitting really, as I am almost always hungry or eating)
Number 2 was the lie:
2. Every morning, I do 100 crunches and 50 push ups. (And no, I didn't count those in my work out total)

As flattered as I am that those of you who know me in "real life" think that I can drop and give you 50 push ups at any given moment, I am disappointed to say that I can't. I really wish I could...and I could probably give you 25 on a good day (if I hadn't done any upper body weights that day), but 50, not so much. I've always had some trouble with push ups- I've thought about trying the 100 push up challenge (cause how bad ass would I feel if I could do 100 push ups?) but haven't attempted it yet.

As for the other guesses:
-Yup, I did 27.

-Unfiltered apple juice: delicious AND more nutritious than it's clear counterpart

-"Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks is great. As is "The Long Way Around." Generally I'm not all that into the country music. But after watching their documentary and realizing that I enjoyed the soundtrack, I decided to give their music a go.

-I think I'm probably better for seeing my parents as people. But both of them are teachers AND parents...talk about extra mythical creatures.

So Keith, if you'd like your mini eggs, send me an email: k e c m at shaw dot c a

Oh and S, I'm very glad you do know what mini eggs are. And you'd find it hard to find a group of people more obsessed with the little nuggets of goodness than the people I know :)

9 comments:

S said...

I didn't really think the parent thing was the lie; I just had to guess something different.

I'm so glad the Dixie Chicks thing wasn't a lie! Not Ready to Make Nice is a fantastic song. I've loved them since Wide Open Spaces (what Kansan doesn't love that song?), and I've never been a country fan, either. Their song "Silent House" was co-written by my favorite ever song-writer, Neil Finn of Crowded House, so I just like them even more now.

I could never do 50 push-ups, either. After 3 years of weight-lifting, I can still only bench press about 40 pounds. Upper body strength is NOT my thing.

Leslie's Keith said...

It's funny that you mention the 100 push up challenge...as that was what made me make the guess...see, I failed to follow it to its finish...it got VERY hard, and I kept finding other things to do, like run out for 'treats'! There, the basis for picking that one...my own inabilities!

Bring on the Mini Eggs!

Just for fun, I think I'll actually follow up, so I can see if they travel well...and get a surprise at the Banff Post office some day. Or, you can bring them in person and join Leslie and I for a spring trail run!

Thanks for the fun...

Keith

lu said...

i totally believed you could do the push-ups and the sit-ups! and the 100 push up challenge sounds like punishment, those things are tough!

Kirst said...

This 100 push up challenge has got me thinking. I might try it out. I really suck at them and want to be better. And when I don't have a gym membership I need stuff I can do at home.

Congrats Keith on winning. I'm ashamed that I don't even know the truth about my sister in law.

Heather said...

I totally missed this whole competition but I knew the pushups thing was the lie. I just can't picture you doing 50, and I also have woken up with you before and I have never seen you do one. If, for some reason, it wasn't the lie, I was going to be amazed.

k said...

I can do the crunches- and actually, for awhile I was doing close to 100 crunches and about 20 push ups on mornings that I knew I wasn't going to be doing any weights or core work, but then the seduction of sleeping a little longer got the best of me. But 50 push ups, nope. Again, I really would like to and perhaps I'll build up to it.

(and Jordan decided this morning that he had to do 50 just to see if he could. of course, he could...though just barely)

k said...

oh- and the mini eggs will be in the mail on monday.

kris said...

50 push-ups in a row?

I was thinking you might be able to do 5 sets of 10, but thinking of how well behaved Jordan always is I thought maybe you could do 50 in a row. Then again, I was doubtful that you could do all that when you get up at 4:30am.

Jordan said...

Ummm...I did those 50 without any trouble. If you doubt me, just ask for a couple of tickets to the gun show.