Monday, March 09, 2009

milk

I haven't seen the movie, but this picture was in the metro paper (yay for free periodicals) around the same day as this eloquent post was written. I stared at the picture for a good couple of minutes. I'm not sure what it is about it. I think it might the look on sunglasses guy's face, or maybe just the words on his sign. It almost leaves me speechless. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be gay and look at that sign. I know I have almost a physical reaction to it, so it must be just that much worse.

1 comment:

lu said...

i imagine that i have a similar physical reaction as you do to that sign. it makes me physically tense and anxious to know that people would shamelessly parade those things around an actor who played a gay man elected to public office in the late 1970's. when will people stop using religion and morals to condemn another way of life that involves anything criminal??