Sunday, November 30, 2008

back from the dead

That was a wicked cold or flu I had but it is over and I'm mostly back. It coincided with my first week and a half of not being able to run, so at least I didn't miss it, plus I got to watch some daytime tv, go through 3 boxes of Kleenex, watch Planet Earth (I highly recommend it), and reacquaint myself with the inner workings of my sinuses. I'm sure Dr. Oz would have recommended a Neti-Pot, but I do not have one (and quite frankly they scare me a bit).

And now it is practically December! I am a little shocked that tomorrow is December 1st. That means a mere 24 days to finish up the Christmas shopping (which I've barely started), do some Christmas baking (which I haven't started), and I have a lot of stuff to do at work before I go on vacation. I think December will be busy- though isn't it always. It will also be the first time Jordan and I aren't in Calgary for Christmas, which will be very strange.

Now that it is December, all of the hiring committees are meeting, so think happy hiring thoughts.

(And think stable footing and safe travel thoughts tomorrow and the next few days this week. We're supposed to get a bunch of snow and freezing rain starting tonight...you can clear snow. Freezing rain? Not so much.)

1 comment:

Kirst said...

Ahh the neti pot. Shouldn't every household have one? :)
Glad to hear you're on the mend.