Monday, September 22, 2008

weather's good here too

As much as I love fall in Calgary, I must admit, it is pretty good here as well.
And without further ado, some randomness for a Monday:

-Have you caught the new 90210? I don't really like commenting on people's weight. But for the love of food ladies, eat a cheese burger. And make it a double, with bacon. Perhaps washed down with a triple thick milkshake? I know I'm not the only one who has noticed this: link. Aunt Becky should really sit her daughter down and talk about how not eating enough right now could lead to things like osteoporosis and other problems when she gets older (assuming she gets through the short term). Remember the old one? When Kelly, Brenda and Andrea were pretty normal, and Donna was "the skinny one"? And where is the after school special tone that we grew to love about the old show? So far, no heart-warming lectures about diet pills or gambling. Maybe Cindy Walsh should make a guest appearance.

-I thought I might die on the way home today. My bus driver was pretty psycho and I was quite concerned that he'd lose it on a corner and plow into a lamp post. Luckily, I made it home safely, with only an elevated heart rate.

-The leaves are starting to change...I'll have to take some pictures to make you all jealous.

-I can't believe it is almost September 28th already. Yikes.

And because I like posts with pictures, I'll leave you with a picture of Saturday's "ice bath" after my last long run before the race. Do I look cold enough? (and no, nothing will show no matter how you try to zoom in or enhance)

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's a really funny picture. I wish I ran long enough to need an ice bath.

kris said...

When we stop watching their shows and buying the products they push they might dig in to a few cheeseburgers. Until that happens I think they'd rather keep their jobs. I think it's called the circle of life...

Evey said...

"But for the love of food ladies, eat a cheese burger. And make it a double, with bacon"

You really have no idea how hard this made me laugh. What is Aunty Becky to do? The one who I think is really skinny is Silver.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who fears for my life some days with whatever crazy ass is driving my bus. Perhaps you and I should go in together on a book of our dreadful tales. We could make some money....right?