Sunday, July 27, 2008

slacker

Yup, I'm a neglectful blogger. I guess I've just felt like I haven't had much to say in July.

The summer work hours that my company is doing are both a blessing and a curse. We are closed on Friday afternoons, but have to make up the time during the rest of the week. On one hand, it is nice to go home at lunch every Friday, on the other, I feel so constrained by making sure I get there early and leave late and make sure that no one things I'm not putting in my extra time. It just doesn't feel worth it for a half a day. Maybe if I got every second Friday off it would feel better...or maybe if I could make the time up during the winter so that the summer felt a little more flexible. Regardless, this system isn't my favourite, but I'll take it.

It has been a pretty rainy July...we've actually had some pretty crazy storms, which are fun to watch as long as it is through the safety of a window and you're not caught in it. I've been caught in a few, but mostly have been safe from the soaking.

Because it has been rainy, the heat hasn't been horrible. The humidity? Pretty bad, but because the sun hasn't been out quite as much, the temperatures haven't been miserable. This has meant that running this summer hasn't been as awful as I anticipated it would be. I was avoiding thinking about a fall race in the spring because I wasn't too sure about training all summer in the heat. But, I was convinced by Matt and Heather that I should run with them in Toronto. So it hasn't been a horrible prep so far. But, there is still a lot of summer left, so it is possible that I'll still have the chance to regret that decision. And it is also a possibility that at kilometer 20 of the race, I will be cursing that sister of mine. I suppose, however, that it would only be fair because I'm sure she's done her share of cursing me since the other two races we've done have been my idea.

In other news, I am eagerly anticipating August 8th and the start of the Olympics. I love them. There is just something about watching people give everything they have the makes for great watching (in my opinion). Track, swimming, gymnastics, diving, cycling, rowing, heck- even shooting is more exciting when the Olympic rings are involved. So don't be surprised if this suddenly becomes the Olympic blog come August.

Another fun event? Can't wait to watch the Red Bull Flugtag next weekend. It looks absolutely ridiculous...I'll try to take some pictures.

Sorry I'm not a little more interesting, but there's an update for you.

3 comments:

lu said...

interesting to me!

Kirst said...

I agree with Lu. Way more interesting than mine. I wish I could be running with you guys.
Can't wait to see pictures.

Frayed Laces said...

Thanks for de-lurking on my blog!
As for the hot feet thing, I was wearing Asics before, and find my feet cooler in Mizunos. Unfortunately, I can't compare to Brooks. I also have never had that much of a "hot feet" problem like other runner have. I'm not really sure what to tell you...maybe get cooler socks?