Monday, June 02, 2008

not sure if they are american

I'm not sure if they are American, but the people in my building sure do care about the presidential election. Mere days after the "Obama '08" sign appeared in the window of our neighbours, TWO "Hillary '08" signs have appeared in the window of the apartment below them. I had no idea I was living amongst the Americans...
I should really go out and take a picture. It is quite a strange site in the middle of Ottawa.

On second thought, the American embassy IS within sight. Perhaps they are hoping someone will see the signs.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Not even a MENTION of the half marathon we just ran?!?!?!

ps I miss you already.

lu said...

there were stickers even in nairobi! and mostly for obama, which i guess makes some sense.

although i am pretty sure they were on expat's vehicles. and most of the americans i know there are staunch democrats, apart from those that worked with the international republican institute. who knew ngos could be partisan?

lu said...

and felicidades on the half marathon! that is fantastic!

Kirst said...

I too am surprised that you haven't blogged about the half marathon. That is something to be proud of. And like Heather I miss you too.

kristen said...

I was still too tired to blog about the half. I will get to it tonight. But it felt like it had been too long since I posted...