Tuesday, June 17, 2008

colour me surprised

Normally I think the drivers in Ottawa are horrid. They don't like to stop at stop lights, they try to run me over whilst running, and they spray slush all over me. But today, they surprised me. No fewer than 10 vehicles had the opportunity to soak me and ALL of them moved and slowed in order to avoid the puddle. I guess showing a little leg works for something.

In other news, I got confirmation that I can go to the conference I've been eying in Banff. Look out Alberta, here I come!

7 comments:

Kirst said...

Yeah! When is it? I hope I'm around. I'm excited.

lu said...

is it selfish of me to hope that this alberta trip would be in late september or october?!

K said...

OCTOBER!!!!! Oh my goodness I hadn't even thought you might be there.

(and kirst, right in the middle of Lobbirthday-palooza)

lu said...

yippee!

i hope you are not too too busy with conference stuff and we can sneak in a coffee. or even a run!

K said...

and if we run you can laugh at me as my body rebels against the fact that it is used to running at 80m above sea level instead of Calgary's 1040m.

lu said...

i love that you know the elevations offhand. i think that calgary is lower than nairobi though, so my last few runs have been smooth sailing.

bring on lower elevation germany!

Heather said...

I'm happy you're coming back... I think it's important that you do.