Saturday, June 21, 2008

another good thing about being blind

As most of you know, I'm pretty darn blind. I can't see more than a few centimeters in front of me without my glasses or contacts. It isn't really a bad thing, but it can get kind of annoying to have to lean forward and squint just to see the alarm clock in the middle of the night.

Over the years, I've found at least a couple of good things about having to wear contacts. For one, cutting onions doesn't seem to bother my eyes, and for another, if for whatever reason your eyes are red and teary and you don't want people to know the real reason, you can always blame the lenses.

Yesterday, I found another. As I was putting on my mascara, I guess I was being a little over-zealous and ended up touching the brush right to my eye. Now in most people, this would produce much tearing, eye rubbing and perhaps even swearing. Not me- in fact, I didn't even feel it and didn't realize it had happened until I looked a little closer and saw the black mark on my contact lens.

Unfortunately, it was waterproof mascara. So if anyone knows how to get that last little speck of black off of my contact, let me know.

5 comments:

liz said...

1) I love your new masthead
2) How did you do it?!

K said...

1- thank you
2- I had no idea it would be so easy, but it might depend on your template. I just went into "layout", then "header" and there was an option to add a picture. I played around with the cropping a bit in iphoto but other than that, I just uploaded it.

kris said...

1. nail polish remover - it gets anything out of anything

2. I also like the picture

3. I need some contacts so I have an excuse every time my eyes get red and watery. People are getting tired of hearing me say it's allergies or I'm stoned out of my mind

Heather said...

I do that with my mascara all the time... Mine's not waterproof so I just hold the contact with one finger and wipe with the other... No need to even take out the contact! (I bet you're cringing right now)

Kirst said...

would nail polish remover be good for contacts? What about eye make up remover or would that be bad too?
I too like your new masthead and I didn't know that's what it's called.