Friday, March 21, 2008

another edition of linked

As you can see, I've been lazy and haven't felt like updating much as of late. Perhaps it is because I have been stuck under piles of piles of snow, then slipping on ice, then stuck knee deep in slush, only to have that all freeze again.

Also, slush? It actually falls from the sky here...it isn't just that cold mess that makes your feet numb and wet. It gets you from all angles.
Which brings me to this: An open letter to Mother Nature. The author is clearly based in Ottawa. It is like he is inside my head. It really is quite remarkable just how crappy the weather is. You don't even feel lame for talking about the weather anymore...

To take my mind off the weather, I decided to try out a twist on a very easy treat: link. I had made them as per the "recipe" before, but lately I've had a few different versions of chocolate covered caramel covered pretzels (delicious). So I thought to myself "maybe i can kick those hershey hug bites up a notch". So, I used the caramel kisses. Unfortunately, they don't look quite as pretty because they make a bit more of a mess...and you have to be quite gentle so that the caramel doesn't run everywhere. But what they lack in beauty, they make up for in pure deliciousness. The perfect amount of salt, sweet, caramel and crunch. You should really try them out. And they really are easy. The hardest part is unwrapping the kisses...so how easy is that?

And for something completely different, a little story about asparagus pee. I'd say "come on...you all know what I'm talking about". But according to the article, you don't all know what I'm talking about.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Not everyone CAN know that your pee smells when you eat asparagus? Come to think of it, I'm not sure that I've ever smelled asparagus pee, I just always KNEW that it was supposed to smell. I'm going to have to test this theory. Maybe we're having asparagus for easter brunch.

Evey said...

Hope the weather is looking a little nicer up there soon. It was bloody cold here yesterday and WINDY!! I thought I was going to get blown over more than once. It was crazy.

lu said...

this asparagus pee thing was made apparent when i watched elf with friends and only half of us laughed at the part where they pitch the idea of the book on smelling asparagus pee!

Sandra said...

Ah, I'm so glad you brought this up. Whenever the "asparagus pee" topic has come up (surprisingly often) I've always just laughed and nodded even though I never seemed to notice the effect myself. Now, how do I solve the mystery of whether this is due to the fact that I don't produce smelly pee or if it's just me that can't smell said asparagus pee? Hmmmmmm.....