Saturday, February 23, 2008

good times

Paragraphs are for suckers...here are some things I've enjoyed about the last week:
-The price of my running shoes at the Running Room: $159.99 +GST and PST. The price I paid: $94.00.

-Skiing. Sure, I only skied the morning. But I really liked it. I'm glad I had all of those ski lessons as a kid too...it was almost like I'd never been off the skis. (and if you are ever in Vermont, check out Mt. Snow)

-Family.

-Road trip.

-Lake Placid- kind of a strange place, but cool at the same time (there is something about the olympics...). Plus there was the well spotted Ben and Jerry's scoop shop just as we were giving up hope.

-Cornwall. Oh wait, I didn't enjoy Cornwall. Well, I guess I enjoyed the fact that I was driving through it and not driving to it. Not all that scenic.

-Vermont. Love it...

-Not working- I haven't been at work since last Friday. Mmmm....vacationy goodness.

-Snowshoeing (I guess technically I was YakTrakking. but whatever)

Things I have not enjoyed about the past week:
-Winter. I'm about done with it.

-Forgetting the camera. Not that it works all that well anyway, but it would have been nice to try.

-The torrential rain on Monday. (yup, i'm simultaneously sick of winter and complaining about the rain) Although I guess it wasn't THAT bad. At least it wasn't cold.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

I agree about being finished with winter - this warm weather has made me think of how much I love summer... I can't wait!

Evey said...

I have yak trax and they are awesome. Not slipping on ice and landing on your ass rocks.

Kirst said...

yeah for skiing. I would love to go but it just won't happen this year. Maybe next year. Seen as there are no more kids coming along.