Sunday, December 16, 2007

great...more snow

So about two weeks ago, we got about 30cm of snow. In the last 24 hours or so, we've had about the same. Flights have been cancelled, it takes 3 hours to get a cab...The Ottawa Children's chior has even cancelled their performance at Dominion Chalmers United Church. Pretty crazy stuff.
Jordan's flight is supposed to leave at 2:30 tomorrow afternoon. Lets hope things have cleared up enough so that his flight goes fine. At least he has a confirmed ticket...I sincerely hope that by the time I try to get out (Wednesday evening or Thursday morning), all flights are moving and anyone that had flights cancelled has managed to get out of town. This is a major drawback of the standby flying.

But, we'll try to stay warm and as dry as possible. Maybe we can even get some pictures of the snowbanks and drifts that are as tall as I am...

4 comments:

Lulu said...

I remember tunneling in the snow when I was younger... that was the best, I kinda envy you guys as today was pretty warm and slushy and not at all Christmas like.

Devo said...

I feel your pain with the snow. Last week I think I saw a few flakes falling. Seriously though, I do really hate snow so I do sympathize.

lu said...

oh dear, i hope this not disrupt either of your flights home. because i have had two red cups in 5 days and there needs to be a lot more red cup action before i leave!

and i tagged you to give your great readers 7 random facts about yourself, check out my blog for the deets.

Heather said...

You will be fine. (I hope). You'll be good to go. And then we'll have a fiesta of some sort. Maybe we can make sushi! hehehehe.