Sunday, November 25, 2007

love actually is....all around

I had my annual winter viewing of Love Actually this weekend. If you haven't seen it, you should. It would appeal to most people. Mostly female, but because it is British, I like to think it has a more broad appeal than just a "chick flick" (those brits...great humour). The Christmas season wouldn't be complete without the shenanigans of Jaime, Aurelia, Sarah, Karl, Mia, Snape (sorry, Alan Rickman, but that voice is now Snape's), Emma Thompson, David, Nathalie, "Miss Duncan Donuts 2003", Juliet....and really all of them. How can you not love a character named "Colon Frissel" who goes to Wisconsin to get laid?

It has put me in the Christmas spirit and now I'm all ready to do my shopping, to play the Christmas music, and maybe even to bring out the Santa's Marching Band. (and if you don't have a Santa's Marching Band, consider yourself lucky)

So, what the Gingerbread Latte has started, Love Actually has completed. 'Tis now the Christmas season. May the spirit be with you...

4 comments:

Lulu said...

Good call on the Love Actually... I need to start planning our annual one!

Kirst said...

What about your tree? I'm jealous that I don't have a marching band. The kids would probably love it.

lu said...

i listened to the bare naked ladies' christmas cd this morning and started to get into the spirit and i am so ridiculously excited about having a real winter christmas this year. now just to track down a copy of love actually before i get home!

Dr. Dan said...

Kirst: You can be sure that the kids would LOVE Santa's Marching Band! Kristen only pretends that she doesn't!

I knew your brother was a gem when he expressed his appreciation for the intricasies of SMB. Who could not be wonderful if they appreciate SMB?