Sunday, October 14, 2007

wow

I had heard about the shooting of RCMP officer Chris Worden earlier in the week. (story here)
I recognized the last name, and just now found out that yes, he was the brother of someone I know. I don't know her really well, but before she moved to Toronto last year, I hung out with her on quite a few occasions, got to know her a bit and she was really sweet to me.

I can't even imagine what she must be feeling right now. (and she works in provincial politics...so this also happened right at election time when she was probably pretty burned out to begin with)

If you are the praying type, please pray for Cathy and her family. If you are not, send your good vibes or energy or just think thoughts that might help them deal with their pain.

and Chris L...be careful out there. none of us want to know what it is like to be on the receiving end of news like that.

2 comments:

Huda Hakawi said...

I will really try to send prayers, white light, and any other healing energy I can muster. How hard!

I love you!

Kirst said...

I can't imagine what that must feel like to get that kind of news. I hope I never on the receiving end. I try not to worry about Chris but sometimes I can't help it.