Tuesday, August 28, 2007

to facebook or not to facebook

I was at a lovely wedding over the weekend and got to see many people that I hadn't seen in quite some time. It was brought to my attention several times (as it has been in the past by some other people) that if I was on facebook, I would know what was going on in their lives and wouldn't feel quite so removed.
So...if you are on facebook, what do you like about it? What don't you like? Can just anyone find you? What if you don't want someone to know where you are and what you are doing?

I'll let you know what I decide...

4 comments:

lu said...

as a reformed facebook hater, i gotta say that i love it, especially being far away from family and friends. (i mean my mom, auntie, grandma, and cousins are all on it now).

however, i don't like that people might be able to spy on me so i put the tiniest amount of information on my profile because half that stuff is none of anyone's business unless i tell them. you can also play around with your security settings and make it so that people who you haven't added can't see anything.

my biggest beef with it - the feelings of inadequacy and 'what if's' that it brings, but i also know that that is more my own issues than anything else. and my second biggest beef - maybe some relationships are meant to be left in the past? facebook just brings it all back up again.

if i must make a recommendation, sign up for facebook (but that might just be selfish because then i can send you more messages!).

glad you had such a nice time at the wedding.

lu said...

wow, that was a long comment!

Kirst said...

I like facebook. What I don't like is that there aren't any stories. So I will continue to do both.

Evey said...

I love facebook. WAY more than myspace.