Thursday, May 10, 2007

facebook

To preface- no, I have not joined. Now that that's out of the way...
I hear facebook is pretty addictive. People love it. You can connect with old friends and with family members who live far away. "Facebooking" is likely an accepted verb...I'm all for it if it is something that you want to do.

What I don't get, is the people who are up in arms about the fact that it has been banned in many work places. The Ontario government has blocked the site, the city of Toronto has blocked the site and it is blocked for most federal employees as well (the story notes that it is not blocked for the politicians as they use it for campaigning and connecting with their constituents).

I also have no idea why Facebook is "puzzled" by the decision...When you are at work you are supposed to be WORKING not "facebooking". Last I checked, most job descriptions didn't include "spending half of the workday on a social networking site". Facebook on your own time people!

And yes, I am aware that I've been a bad blogger and now I come in with some lame post about a site I don't even frequent. But, I just haven't felt very bloggy lately (if facebooking is a verb, I don't see why bloggy can't be an adjective).
I had to take almost a week off of running because of a sore ankle, but now that I'm back to it, it feels pretty good. I had a wonderful but exhausting whirlwind trip out west and a lovely day trip to Montreal. Fun stuff, but it has left me not wanting to spend too much extra time in front of the computer. But, that is the way it goes sometimes.

10 comments:

Kirst said...

I'm glad you've posted. Doesn't matter what the subject is. I've noticed that people haven't been blogging as much. I wonder if it is the nice weather or what. Oh well I will still do it even if nobody reads it.

lu said...

i am suffering from a running injury too and just when i was beginning to rediscover my motivation!

would you mind emailing me your 10km training schedule if you have one? i am feeling like i need to get organised and i always like a schedule.

happy running!

Heather said...

Maybe you should just get over it and join? Maybe? Alright, good, I'm glad that's settled.

Maybe we don't blog as much because we're all on facebook?

kris said...

I only recently realized that facebook was popular with people over the age of 15. After hearing about it for the 1000th time Achilles signed up so I could look around. Now that I've seen how many people are on there I've been wondering if people are going to blog less and facebook more.

So far, I haven't bought into it.

thephoenixnyc said...

I sentence you to 12 hours of watching Bill O'Reilly clips on Youtube for being a lame blogger.

K said...

12 hours of Bill O'Reilly? It's not like I killed someone...I think 1 or 2 would suffice.

Dee said...

I resisted facebook for a long time too....but once I finally gave in I realized that it's pretty cool...I'm sure that it will be a fad that comes and goes, but for now its fun.

You should sign up. Do it. Peer pressure is the answer!

--Nathan-- said...

i actually like watching bill o'reilly clips on you tube, not because i agree with him (he's an idiot) i watch for the ones where a prepared guest shows up and beats bill at his own game.

Evey said...

Yeah the facebook thing kind of exploded. I joined and it is fun because I have gotten back in contact with friends who were long lost. What I dont get though is the people who say they aren't blogging as much because they have facebook. I think that sucks because I cant read about your week on facebook etc. Ya know? I wonder how long it will be before you give in to the dark side and join.

kristen said...

Evey-it took me until 2003 to cave to the harry potter craze....

hopefully i'll post tonight. i've been suffering from a lack of wanting to sit in front of the computer.