Wednesday, February 14, 2007

is it spring yet?

I know that winter arrived late this year, but I'm pretty much done with it already. I'm sick of the cold. I'm sick of the snow. I'm VERY sick of the salt (in fact, I'm thinking of sending my dry cleaning bill to the City of Ottawa). I'm done with winter. I'm done with having to dress in multiple layers, carry hats and scarves and mittens and extra shoes...I don't like that the bottoms of my pants are wet every day, that my socks get wet even when I wear my big boots. Enough already.

I think I'll find a nice cozy spot to hibernate. Can someone come wake me when the snow melts?

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm done too. Well done!!!

--Nathan-- said...

i like winter ;) but yes i'll let you know when its safe, saturday is supposed to be 10 degrees... ooops.

fuzzy wuzzy said...

I like Nathan, also like the winter if there is lots of snow. This "snow then melt all away then snow again" thing really gets to me. Soon it will be summer and you will be wishing it wasn't quite so hot and humid.

Evey said...

Here in Boston I would hardly call what we have had winter. It kind of snowed a few weeks ago, but nothing really came of it. It just cold cold and icy. Being from Alberta I miss real winters. call me crazy but its true.