Saturday, November 25, 2006

almost december?!?!

It is hard to believe that it is almost December. Where on earth did November go? What on earth did I accomplish in the month of November? Hmm...well, I did get my blood taken twice (the first left a pretty good mark, the second was fantastic...i guess they treat you well when you are signing up for the bone marrow registry), I made two batches of cookies, I went to a hockey game (for free), we had a weekend with a car, I drank some gingerbread lattes, the Flames finally started winning...I almost got impaled with an umbrella, we had oysters (he shucked, i watched), i think i saw my sister once (over a delicious sandwich...or was that in october?).

Ok, so November wasn't a complete waste of time...but I still can't believe that next Friday is December 1st. I guess I better start figuring out what kind of christmas treats I will bake. Plus, even though Kirsten has already started the countdown, I think mine will begin December 1st (although it is kind of tough to start a countdown when you are not entirely certain of your departure date...)

5 comments:

Heather said...

I think it was November.......

Kris said...

How did you give blood twice in one month?

K said...

i didn't actually GIVE blood...i had one blood test for general physical purposes and another test as a part of joining the bonw marrow registry. i'm actually quite freaked out at the thought of donating blood (though apparently bone marrow is no problem?!?!) and the only time i tried they couldn't find a proper vein. i promised someone at work that i would try to give blood the next time the blood mobile comes to my work. we'll see if i can do it...

Anonymous said...

I was just talking with Kris and Lynn this weekend about signing up for the bone marrow registry. I am under the impression though that it is EXTREMELY painful. True? I'm still thinking of doing it, though I have yet to find anyone who knows much about it. Do you have info on it? Sandra

kristen said...

sandra-
i sent you an email about it, let me know if you don't get it because it means i don't have the right address for you.