Sunday, October 29, 2006

too old for this

I am officially too old to drink too much. I just can't handle the morning after....
It started off rather innocently with inviting a few people over for drinks and dessert. It ended with the room spinning and going to bed thinking that I probably wouldn't want to wake up in the morning. Well I woke up and I guess it could be much worse but I'm definitely too old for this. The most exertion I have been able to handle thus far has been the dishes (note to self and to anyone who wants to know: mango puree is a bitch to clean out of the blender).
I guess the bright side of it all is that we've finally got rid of the two bottles of champagne that have been in the fridge since February.
----
In other news, we saw The Departed the other day (with some much appreciated two for one movie coupons that of course were only good on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays). I've never been one that could handle watching violence so this was a tough one for me (in fact, I don't think I've looked away from the screen more often than I did in that movie) but I still really enjoyed it. I was able to get past the blood and the guns and the beating a broken arm with a work boot. Well acted, great cast and even though I haven't found Leonardo DiCaprio attractive in years, he was lookin' good in this one. All in all, a good film.

Now, back to lying uselessly on the couch...

3 comments:

Kirst said...

I hope the sickness goes away soon. Is Jordan sick too? He could take care of you. Have you tried pouring boiling water in the blender to loosen up the mago puree? We do that all the time. Maybe because we can lazy with dishes.

Heather said...

A day in the life of your younger sister?? But I seem to do that every weekend, normally twice or three times each weekend though... You have some catching up to do!

kristen said...

heather- i was actually going to say something about who the heck did i think i was...HEATHER??! but then didn't end up doing that...and no, i do not plan on catching up.

i will try the boinling water FIRST next time...before i put all that scrubbing effort in.