Sunday, October 01, 2006

brrrrr....

logo_run
As today is the first Sunday in October, it is the annual CIBC Run for the Cure in support of the Canadian Breast Cancer Society. I think this may be the first time that I've had to do it in the rain. I've walked in a wee bit of snow (or was that the Mother's day run?) but never rain. Don't worry though...Walkers for Knockers East represented (and I bet all you walkers for knockers west types will be jealous of our shirts). Despite the cold rainy conditions, we had a good time and definitely enjoyed getting our free boxes of crackers at the end.

Plus, Jordan and I learned a new word. Apparently, when you step in a puddle and get your foot all wet, it is called a "soaker". Two different people used that term today...when we asked about it they were like "well what do you call it out west" our response was "ummm....i stepped in a puddle and my foot got wet?"

October is "think pink" month so there is still time to donate. Just check out the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation website (and thank you to all of you that sponsored me this year).

11 comments:

Hez said...

It was really rainy here too, and I also thought to myself that it was the first time we walked in the rain. I totally BSD'd our shirts and wrote our team name on them with sharpies. I think they black listed our team because I yelled at the organizer last year about not having better sizes. It was sad without you!

fuzzy wuzzy said...

Missed you guys, but it was cool that you were doing the same in Ottawa. Are your shirts different than ours? Oh I guess they would be as ours have very special printing on them (thanks Heather- that was sweet of you to do)We thought maybe next year we should come out and walk in Ottawa with you as maybe the weather might be really nice -NOT.(but we really would like to do the walk with you)

Kirst said...

What's up with the rain? We had fun but really missed both of you. We are so excited to see you in 5 days, well almost 4 days. We keep telling Taylor that you guys are coming home for a visit. She then asks us everyday when you guys will be here. It is so cute! I can't put into words how excited we are that you guys will be home soon.

kris said...

You've never heard of "soaker"!? I would have never guessed that was unique to ON.

thephoenixnyc said...

LOL, what next?

Should we have special names for getting shat on by a bird, dribble on by a baby et. al?

Hez said...

The soaker is weird... I also would have just said stepped in a puddle and got my foot wet.

lu said...

so like everyone knows what this is? like if i said 'chinook' around here and everyone would know?

yeah, that is weird and i have never heard of it before.

maybe i will try it out when i am in ottawa!

Kris said...

I have to admit you guys have raised a good point. Why bother capturing the essense of an event and conveying it with two memorable, fitting, charming and witty little syllables when we can just narrate the entire sequence of events? Who ever came up with this idea of "naming things" anyway? That person should be put on notice.
:-p

Fred said...

Hey I grew up with the word 'soaker' I thought everyone knew that one - I didn't know it was unique to the east, but then I didn't know growing up that it was 'cool' to where a white cowboy hat in July either.

K said...

Fred, I hate to break it to you, but white cowboy hats aren't ACTUALLY cool. The hat with a whistle on it though...now THAT is cool.

Evey said...

Its been pretty rainy here too lately. A soaker eh? Interesting....