Friday, September 15, 2006

september is always busy isn't it?

Mostly at work so the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer when I get home. Basically, I've been tasked with about 4 weeks worth of work to finish in about 2 weeks. Fun stuff. There, I broke the golden rule of not blogging about work. But, that is all the work talk I will allow...just to say that I'm busy but that the work will get done and I'm sure it will feel good when it is over.

Besides that; what else is going on? Well, I'm reading a book about punctuation for fun. (and i'm pretty sure i just punctuated that sentence incorrectly...well the one with the semicolon anyway) The best part is that it comes with little punctuation stickers that you can add wherever you see a public display of improper punctuation. There is some graffiti near out place that says "LOWER TOWNS FINEST". Do you think it would go over well if I inserted my sticky apostrophe so that it would read correctly ("LOWER TOWN'S FINEST")? I didn't think so either.

I am also trying to decide if a new computer is do-able. Jordan needs his more and more for his school work, I would love to be able to work from home more often (especially with the nasty ice storms that happen around these parts) and I've always dreamed of having a Mac of my very own. I am accepting donations. Just make the cheque payable to me ;-)

I ended up watching a bit of the first episode of Survivor yesterday. I have to say, I feel a little sorry for the "white" tribe. It's not really cool to have white pride...I know I don't have any. I'm proud to be who I am, but I wouldn't say my race has much to do with how I identify myself. I think it is different for those who aren't a part of the "dominant" (and by dominant I mean the majority, not superior) race within a given society. So...I guess their little twist worked because I did tune in. Not sure I'll be watching most of the season though.

So yeah, that's what has gone on with me in the last little while. My dad is coming for a visit starting Sunday, so that should be a good time. Hopefully his snoring isn't as loud as I seem to remember it ;-) (just kidding...well mostly. we're happy to have you even if you do end up snoring)

As for leaving comments, with this whole Blogger Beta deal, comments are a little iffy. Soooo, just comment as "other" and then put in your name. That way I know who you are.

Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you reading Eats, Shoots & Leaves? i love that book. although she says not to use the semi-colon and it is one of my favourite punctuation marks. and i am glad that i can say 'favourite punctuation marks' and you'd understand!

and i am coming to ottawa for a few days, i will email you shortly with more details!

~lara

Anonymous said...

I like the new look! Though I did immediately hit the back button to double check that I hadn't navigated to the wrong blog...change is good, I like it!

Dee

liz said...

I am currently typing this comment on my newly purchased MacBook. It is fabulous. Except for the fact that it thinks the battery is always 85% full. But in theory I could take it in and have it fixed, so that should not detract from its fabulousness.

Also - I am impressed that both you and Jordan can do work at home. My apartment is a giant black hole into which all time flows, immediately disapears, and is never seen again.

Hez said...

I want you to get a mac, because then we could put your mac and my mac alone in a room together, and then when we peek in a little while later there will be little mac babies everywhere.

K said...

Now what would those little mac babies be called? mac jr.s? macettes? maclings?
I don't think the coveted MacBook is in the cards just yet...the number crunching doesn't quite work out.
Oh well, something to look forward to and to save for.

lu said...

yes, the price of a macbook is a bit startling, but i am sure will be worth it one day.

about the new look, how did you do it? i am not web savvy enough to be confident that if i change mine i will loose everything!

Hez said...

So are we going to get any update about the fazsha visit?


And how come only your comments are weird, and no one else's page's comments are weird?

kristen said...

because no one else has switched to blogger beta? i'm not sure.

kris said...

Punctuation question: If I write a question within a sentence that isn't a question do I end that sentence with a question mark?

E.g. I heard you ask, "where is the bathroom?"

Is that correct? Is that even a proper sentence?

kris said...

I feel like that sentence doesn't have a proper ending because it ends with a question mark but it isn't a question. Are you feelin' my turmoil?

K said...

That is a dilly of a pickle you have there Kris. I think that regardless of what you think looks right, you have to follow the rules. I'm pretty sure that the sentence is correct as is, but I do not know for sure.

I haven't updated all week...sorry y'all...but I've been busy visiting with my dad (and with my sister yesterday). Hopefully I'll have time soon!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about reading a book on punctuation!!!!!! I'm sure there must be something more interesting than that. A sears catalogue would be more interesting to me.
Faye