Tuesday, September 05, 2006

coincidence?

Apparently Tom Cruise has apologized to Brooke Sheilds: story

He made the original statements not all that long before his lovely "Kate" got pregnant. As much as I would never wish depression on ANYONE, I have to admit, I was a little curious as to what would happen if he ended up having to deal with a post-partum (post partumly?) depressed woman. Would he offer her vitamins? Would he forbid her to seek psychiatric help?

I'm not saying she is depressed...but there haven't been many "TomKat" sightings since the little one came along....and now Brooke gets an apology. I just wonder if this is all a coincidence or if Tom has seen what post partum depression is all about. Perhaps his understanding of psychiatry has changed? Maybe all prescription drugs aren't evil?

Or perhaps I'm just glib...Matt Lauer can't be the only one I guess.

5 comments:

Hez said...

I am quite shocked that he apologized... but I'm thinking the same as you, that perhaps Katie may be suffering from a little some some.

The Rev said...

I've been wondering the same thing. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

I'm not able to comment on your blog...what's going on???

Anonymous said...

ps - that was dee....

K said...

it is the stupid blogger beta talking. try commenting as "other" and then just putting in your name and website. once blogger switches everything to the beta form, it should all get back to normal