Thursday, June 22, 2006

but marge....we're missing the cookoff

I've got to say...I feel sorry for all you jewish folks and muslims out there...
The pig? It makes for some "good eats". I'm not sure I would want to go through life without.
The International Chicken and Rib Cook-off is going on on the Sparks Street mall right now (kinda like stephen ave...) and yummmmm.
The whole place smells like Bar B Q and the pork is delicious.
I am quite disgusted with the fact that I ate my entire pulled pork sandwich because it was HUGE (though probably half a pound or less of meat because the full pound of pulled pork is $11 and my sandwich was half of that). I had a very Jordan momment as I sat there, half done thinking "you know...I'm full...but it is just so tasty". Against my better judgement, I finished it off. I only partially regret it.
Perhaps we'll have to go back tomorrow and take pictures (and try the chicken?).

yes, i re-titled this post. i think this one is much better.

10 comments:

lu said...

i myself do not eat the pork and you know what? i don't really miss it. i never really liked it. but trying to find vietnamese spring rolls without pork is sometimes a challenge. i wish i could have seen you chowing down on the pulled pork sandwich though, i would have cheered you on through the second half!

K said...

not even bacon? you don't miss bacon?

K said...

(and yes, i love bacon and understand that not everyone shares my love for it...your non-pork/bacon eating self is still welcome in my home any day...)

Kirst said...

mmmm bacon and pulled pork sandwichs. I'm drooling as I type.

kris said...

Have you heard the one about the Priest and the Rabbi? Long joke short, I'd rather give up pork. Fortunately, being protestant I don't have to give up either. I can have as much as I like. Well, not as much as I would like, that much bacon would clog up my arteries.

PS - Tonight we're having bacon wrapped chicken for dinner. I hope it's as good as the bacon wrapped turkey.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you keep posting...

Hez said...

Bacon... you really can't have anything better than that. The image of you chomping on a gynormous sandwich makes me giggle.

K said...

if i thought my body could take it, i'd re-enact the experience and take pictures.

lu said...

love the new post name and i amazingly do not miss bacon. but i figured out quickly that if you say you don't like pork people don't understand, but if you just tell them you're jewish they never ask another question and clear the plate of any pork-related products. i figure i'd have better luck with people believing i am jewish than muslim.

i think my issue is more with the pig than the pork. don't really seem like an animal i should be eating.

please re-enact the sandwich complete with photos! i think the re-enactment might be even funnier cause i will imagine you undertaking the whole re-enactment process!

Alessandra said...

1.i just love yummy bbq's and im glad my webdate guy is an expert griller! in fact i think im gonna suggest that he and his other webdate pals join this cook-off. hope to see you there!