Sunday, March 26, 2006

i'm so paranoid

So as of yesterday, it has been one month since the wedding. Crazy hey?
Number of thank you cards sent out: ZERO
Why? THEY STILL HAVEN'T ARRIVED (if I still don't have anything on Monday, I am going to contact them...why oh why didn't i order them when i ordered some other stuff from them? oh right, i wanted to see how that stuff turned out)

Anyway, the paranoia comes in with me thinking people will think I'm rude for leaving it this long. I would have liked to have them all done and merrily on their way to their recipients by now, but it just hasn't worked out that way. Every time I think of them, I have this fear that there are people thinking "oh....mah....gah....that Kristen....can't even send a thank you card out in proper time." What is wrong with me? Why am I so worried about that?

So if you are reading this and still waiting for your thank you card: Thank you for the lovely gift/your presence was gift enough, we really appreciate your generousity. We really loved having you as a part of our day. A proper card will follow. (and who knows, it might be worded a lot like that)

7 comments:

Chrissy & Brian said...

No Worries! I am pretty sure the "rule" is 3 months. You've got loads of time!

Dee said...

Don't worry! I'm sure if anyone has actually noticed that they haven't gotten a card yet, they are thinking 'ah those two must be enjoying the married life together!'

kris said...

My presence was enough!? I wish you would have put that on the invitation.

--Nathan-- said...

what ever, the best part of the wedding for the couple is the presents... or least thats what i hear. The ceremony is for the parents (maybe a bit for the bride) but the groom goes through the whole show for the gifts and money cards... speaking of which i do feel bad i didnt bring my card with me to your Dads place Kristen, next time you're in town(or im in your town) i'll have to take you guys out for dinner... or to the bay, oh remember that song... Down by the bay... where the watermelon grow? ah good times.

Evey said...

Dang now I have that stupid song in my head....

"Did you ever see a bear brushing his hair....."

Anywho, did you get my email?

thephoenixnyc said...

I think three monthsis the rule. Don't worry yet.

Faye said...

Amazing race was on last night... I don't see any postings yet...or did you go to bed again? I know it's only Wed, but I have to work tonight so I thought I'd ask now!