Tuesday, February 28, 2006

a lovely surprise

I was a little blue this morning...I had to get up early, go back to work...all that not so fun stuff. In fact, I had a few tears in my eyes as I was walking to the bus stop. It is hard to leave "home" again.
I had a pain in my knee and hip so I didn't even take the stairs like I normally do so all in all, not a great start to the morning.
Then, as I turned the corner to get to my cubicle, I noticed that it was all decorated. There was tulle draped from the ceiling, those car pom-poms everywhere, confetti on my desk and two congratulations signs. It made me feel so nice.
AND THEN....I was told to come to a "meeting" in the afternoon and it was really a little party for me. With cake, a card and PRESENTS...presents!

I will talk more about last week soon, but I just thought I'd share my wonderful surprise with you all.
If you have pictures, please email them to me...I'd love to see them.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

That is awesome!

ongratulations on your big day!

Dee said...

That is so awesome!! I'm glad that the people you work with are doing things to make you feel at home...especially because you've only just started. Yea for them and for you because you deserve it!

lu said...

what a great story! i was feeling a bit blue picturing you walking to the bus stop a bit teary but it was so nice to hear that you had such a surprise to turn the day around.

Evey said...

Conrgrats to you and Jordan. I was happy to hear that everything went well...how exciting. Look forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about it:)

Chrissy & Brian said...

Hey Kristen,
Just wanted to say I9we) had a blast at your wedding. It was lots of fun!
That's really cool what work did for ya. Makes going to work worth while.
Have a greta week.
Big B & Chrissy

Family Of Five said...

Hi... I found my way here through Lori's blog (I am her sister in law) I just wanted to wish you well and congrats on your wedding. You guys look great... and it looks like it was a fun night for all! Enjoy married life!

Dr. Papa said...

This is one of the things that reinforces my belief that the world is an adventure waiting for our involvement. I am so comforted knowing that your work community and culture is one that demonstrates its caring for you and wishes to celebrate your events with you.

Thank you God!