Monday, January 30, 2006

my first day

I really should have had Jordan take a picture of me on my first day of work…but alas, you’ll have to just picture it in your head.

Anyway, my first day went well. I managed NOT to be late despite the fact that the busses were not running on time and to my excitement, I was not the only one starting today, so I wasn’t the only clueless one. ‘Twas nice.

On my desk there was a “Welcome Kristen” sign, chocolates, a coffee cup and all the appropriate office supplies. Well, all except post-it notes, but by the end of the day, I had three sizes of them. My computer was all set up for me, my email worked and my chair is actually comfortable. I have never had it so good! I have my own little closet with drawers and shelves so that I can keep my stuff right there...and I got free lunch today as well.

All in all, it was a great first day. Of course, I haven’t done much “real” work yet and now have a LOT to read and lots of names to remember, but I think I made the right decision and I’m excited about working there.

Let’s see how long it takes till the shininess wears off.

3 comments:

revswife said...

Who cares if the job sucks, they gaves you chocolates and remembered your name when they welcomed you! One of my bosses NEVER recalled my name. He always called me some derogatory thing or other.
THREE sizes of postits? You must be in heaven. I am dreaming of your office and what it must be like to get inside. Your very own coffee cup. K you have done well.
This is just their way of buttering you up...you do know that right? They will slam you with hoards of work very very soon:)
Congrats! So proud of you.

lu said...

sounds so exciting! it is so nice when people make you feel welcome, because everyone has been new once... and sometimes people forget that. but what a great day. i love post-it notes. i am not sure what i would do without them when studying or working! well, i am sure i would manage but they really were a great invention.

so can you tell us what this job is all about? or should that be something you email me about when you have a free minute at the new job?? i'd love to hear the details!

congratulations on surviving the first day, it'll only get easier and more interesting!

Evey said...

Glad to hear your first day went well. Congrats on the job!