Wednesday, January 11, 2006

here's the big update

Ok….

So being “home” was fantastic and strange at the same time. Its odd how easy it is to kind of settle in as if nothing had changed. The first few days were full of Christmas like activities (being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day…funny how that works) but then it was almost as if I never left. The same but different which is comforting but strange. Yeah, I don’t make any sense. But it was so great to see everyone, I wish I could have seen more people and the people I did see, I wish I could have seen more of them.

I was able to extend my stay to January 6th, which was great because it meant I was there for almost 2 full weeks. Jordan left on the 3rd and it was at that point that there was finally some time for wedding planning (lucky jerk…seems to have gotten out of a lot of the planning). There were some good times, some bad times, some frustrating times….but things are coming along and I think it should be a fun time come February.

Unfortunately, I started to get all fluey and achy around the 4th. It wasn’t a shock, as many of the people around me were sick, but it made for a very uncomfortable plane ride and a pretty miserable weekend. Really, I was pretty miserable up until today. I missed my first day of work and only worked a half day yesterday. I felt like a right moron calling in sick on my very first day, but when you can’t stand for longer than a few minutes without feeling as if you might pass out…there isn’t much choice. There was no way I was going to be able to get myself to the bus stop, manage a bus ride and then even pretend to take in the kind information you get on a first day on the job. So, sick I was. I managed to drag myself out of bed yesterday morning and arrived to the new job heavily medicated. I made it known that I was medicated and tried my best…but by noon, the extremely pregnant lady told me to go home.

I was going to write more about the job situation but I’m thinking it may not be a good idea. The good news is, I heard about the position I really wanted and really wanted news about. The news was good. Hooray!!! The next week and a half has the potential to cause me a lot of agony, but I can do it. I just have to make it to the end of next week. (If you would like any further information about this, feel free to email me. I just don’t want to say anything that may get me in any trouble in the future because gosh darn it, I want to keep this job).

So the next week or so has the potential to bring me down a bit…but I’ll have to make the most of the evenings and weekends.

1 comment:

kris said...

Wow, that's cryptic.

I'm glad we got a chance to hang out over the holidays, too bad Jordan's schedule wasn't as flexible. The next time I see him he'll be one week away from blessed matrimony.