Tuesday, December 13, 2005

the world is playing tricks on me

The day I get a job offer (woooohooooo!!!!) for a job that would be interesting, not "living up to my potential" but decent...and temporary...I am invited to meet with the hiring department of an organization that I applied for that has a position that's permanent, wants my degree and my experience and pays quite well. WTF (sorry mum)?!?!?!
I will see if I can make the best of this situation by letting this second place know that I'm in hot demand and if they want me they had better act quickly. (do you think that's the right thing to do?)
I'm not used to this...but it makes me feel so good after a couple of months of crap!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Still praying!!
Char

Dee said...

Yes I think it's the right thing to do....you deserve a job that let's you use your degree! You worked hard for it!

K said...

i have emailed them back and will call in the morning. hopefully i can figure something out....and quickly. Worst case scenario...hey, I still have a job starting in january...

lu said...

yay! this is great news i can't wait to hear what happens, but i think it is totally ok to tell job 2 that you are also wanted by job 1, shows job 2 that you prefer their job.

kris said...

Congratulations on the job offer and the surge in popularity. I guess the word's getting out.

I think you should play hard ball w. job #2. Call them and tell them they have 3 days to make up their mind, then hang up without letting them respond. That'll show 'em.

thephoenixnyc said...

Let the bidding war begin. Good luck K.

Dr. Papa said...

You are worhty of so much - whatever you see as the challenges in which you wish to engage.

Be confident and take stock of what they really are offering.

What is the WTF?

It is certainly fair to let them know that you have already been offerred a job. You would expect that if you were to consider their offer that they would make it significantly more attractive - financially, status, working conditions, and vacation time - especially where it concerns getting married and seeing your family at Christmas!!!!

Vas-y, cherie! Le monde est devant toi!

Dr. Papa said...

I am sooooo naive....

Just googled WTF.

Ah well. Now I understand "sorry mum"!

OPOITS' day is still a few off.