Thursday, December 08, 2005

randomness on a thursday

There is no collective title that is appropriate for all the thoughts I am about to post, so I will do a random Thursday since Friday randomness seems to have fallen by the wayside.

-I was apparently cool enough to nab myself a second interview. Hooray. Hopefully I can be "on" earlier in the morning. The next interview is at 9:30 am on Monday. It's been awhile since I've had to be smart at that time. (ooh...what should i wear???)

-I was excited to see that the Bransen family was not eliminated on this week's amazing race. You see, the day after the "double episode", I went on the website and the Bransens had accidentally been "greyed out". This lead me to believe that the mistake was one of greying too soon. As it turned out, it was a genuine mistake and someone was just not on the ball. Go Bransens (and Linzes...anyone but the holier than thou Weavers...honestly, any time you talk about how great you are and how christian you are in the same breath as tearing apart other people, you do not make my good list)

-I've now been here 2 months. It's officially the longest I've been away from "home". I guess that I'll have to start making the transition of not thinking of there as home. Though I think that will be a loooong transition. It will take many people moving away and things changing lots. I don't think that happens very quickly.

-I will be baking on Saturday. Hopefully there won't be too many disasters. I plan on trying out several new recipes and will be sharing my baking with many. Though if it sucks, I promise not to make you eat any.

-I can't figure out how to use MS messenger on this computer...what's with that? But this computer DOES have SPSS on it...that doesn't make me miss my last job at all...all SPSS all the time. (I do miss the people though).

-Once I get a job, I'm going to start volunteering. I haven't done so yet because I don't want to make a commitment I can't keep.

-I had Vietnamese soup for lunch. Mmmmm. The restaurant was right near the karaoke bubble tea bar that was the site of 2 "deadly shootings" on Tuesday. The police still had it taped off and were still there.

That is all for now. I hope you are all having a good day.

3 comments:

Hez said...

YAHOO about the second interview! You should wear... your black and white tweedy/houndstoothy/funky trumpet skirt you got last year from Granny, your boots, and some sweater...

On one hand if feels like you've been gone for 2 years, and on the other hand, I can't believe you're already coming home. (The latter I'm SURE has to do with school, not me not noticing you're gone.)

I'm excited for your baking... I hope I get to sample the goods!

You SO pulled a Papa by calling it MS Messenger... And I have no idea what SPSS is. What computer are you on?

There was a police taped off triangle at Massey today... As I was driving home from the drug store (which featured a $70 toblerone by the way) I saw the po-po and their triangle... I wonder what happened!

That was a long comment... sorry. At least I used "latter"... I felt smart using it. (I bet I spelled it wrong or something.)

kris said...

Congratulations on the second interview. I'm not sure what you should wear (though who could go wrong with funky white tweedy houndstooth?), but I'm thinking you should go for water instead of coffee this time.

Dee said...

Good luck today K! I'm sure that you will be 'on'!

I hope that baking went well...can't wait to try it!

And I'm glad that you found a vietnamese place to have soup at...is it nut safe for Jordan? sounds like its not in the safest of locations....