Sunday, December 18, 2005

oh christmas tree

So we decided that we did indeed need some sort of christmas tree. Jordan is very proud of his creation. It was a joint creative idea, but he was the one who put the plan into action and created this lovely version of a tree. Unfortunately, this picture was taken before I made the angel for the top. Total cost: $2.98 plus applicable taxes. Points to whoever can figure out the components of the Charlie Browniest tree around.


There was also some baking going on. We don't have a rolling pin so I used an empty wine bottle. I would have used a full one...but why oh why would there be a full one lying around ;-)

Anyway, there are now two days until my interview...eek. I really hope they can give me a good indication of what might happen there BEFORE I leave to go home. But I really must get back to rocking around the christmas tree (though it was pointed out that I was actually rockin' beside it).

7 comments:

The Rev said...

My guess is that the tree is actually no tree at all but indeed a garland that has been craftily formed into a tree-like structure. It appears the garland has been wrapped around a lamp ('sans' lampshade). Then you've taken to decorating the "tree" with various ornaments and balls.

I just wrote balls. "My balls are here for your pleasure." He he.

Anonymous said...

Love your creativity! Looking forward to seeing you. Praying the interview is excellent!
Char

Hez said...

I'm with the rev... I thought it was garland that you crafted into a tree shaped object. I can't take credit for the lamp though... very observant! And yes, decorated with balls of course.

K I think you would have enjoyed being here this morning. Lets just say, I'm a LITTLE under the weather. And we all know how you love to taunt me. (And I also wish you would bring me poweraid and noodle soup like last time...)

Dr. Papa said...

I think that it is all of Jordan's experience taking down garlands from somewhere that has made him the truly creative genius that he is. It clearly has benefitted him by adding those experiences to his Phenomenological Primitives and developing an "intuitive" sense of the Christmas Tree gestalt.

The balls look great, though it seems clear that these are either "new balls" or they are all "Jordan's Balls." I do not see the collection of long standing "Moulton Balls" that have been put aside for just this purpose. I suppose there are many years to come where the "Moulton Balls" can mix with the Tronsgard ones and create their new gestalt of their own. All the same it is a very festive creation and one of which to be proud.

I also do not recognize that "tree" base. It must not be one of which I am familiar. I do, however, sense a familiarity with the rather silvery metalic sheen to the "tree's trunk." It is reminiscent of the Ikea lighting fixtures that were common in homes this past year...

Are we getting warm?

Five more get ups!

Dr. Papa said...

By the way....are those molasses cookies I see in process?

K said...

Ah h-mo, you know I love to make fun of your hangovers...but it's true, despite the making fun, I will also bring you powerade and soup...

Garland and light stand indeed. Though not ikea light stand as those lights are in use and the stands are far less sturdy than the stands for the other lamps we have but that have not been put into use yet due to the crazy lack of power outlets in this apartment.

They are "moulton balls" but they are "new" because they were given to me last year as a gift. The "moulton balls" that have been reserved for me are actually still at the Moulton house in the christmas box. To many balls...I can't stand it anymore.

K said...

(and no, not molasses....sugar)