Friday, November 25, 2005

rent


There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today

I love musicals...I always have. Growing up I of course loved the disney classics such as Cinderella (I mean what is a disney cartoon but an animated musical anyway...) but my two favourites were Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music (so maybe I just love Julie Andrews? I did watch part of the Princess Diaries on TV the other day just because she was in it). Once I was old enough to care, I HAD to see Cats and The Phantom of the Opera and I am still waiting to see Les Miserables. Miss Saigon has the power to make me cry just by listening to the soundtrack...
So far, Rent has been on my list but I haven't had the opportunity to see it. So I'm very excited that I will get to see it on the "big screen" sometime this winter. It's another that has this power over me...though I think it's becuase I associate the songs with certain people and a certain time in my life.
But yes, I can't wait to see it.

(oh my, I just realized that it's 3 months today that I get married....eeek)

No comments: