Monday, November 21, 2005

it's the most wonderful time of the year


I know...I'm a sucker to the soul-less big business. But I love it so much. I had my first Gingerbread latte last week and it brought me great joy. Living away from so many things that are familiar to me, I love walking into Starbucks and smelling the familiar smell and seeing the familiar sights and knowing exactly what my drink will taste like. I also love the red cups. I saw one from a distance at first and Jordan laughed at my glee as I exzlaimed "the christmas cups...the red christmas cups".
Yeah...I'm a dork. But you too can own a bit of the christmas cup all year...Starbucks has come out with a red cup ornament and a "to go red cup to stay" mug.
Mmmmm...gingerbready goodness....

6 comments:

revswife said...

The red cups are just so festive! I love them. I had a soy gingerbread latte. Yum! They use the best soy milk...or I just buy crappy stuff.

Hez said...

I really like "So Nice" original enriched or something like that... (NOT So Good... that sutff is icky!) It has vitamin D and calcium, and it takes quite good! (The carton it light blue I think.)

You should try it.

K said...

I *think* Starbucks uses "Simply Soy" but I'm not sure. Kris, if you're reading this, perhaps you can get Lynn to educate us.

K said...

oh wait, the website says that they use "Silk"

Hez said...

Yes they do use silk... it's in those tetra pack thingys. I've never actually had soy at Starbuck's before. I guess I don't want to pay the extra 40 or 60 cents.

revswife said...

I have seen them use the Silk stuff, I am too cheap to pay the big bucks for it though.