Thursday, October 13, 2005

week long observations...

Well, I've been here a full week now. It has been an interesting one, and a bit of a difficult one as well. But hey, I knew it would be. Here are some of my observations so far:

-J-walkIng seems To be the norm here. You look quite the fool if you actually wait for the light and there aren't carS coming. It's pretty strange. So I'm doing more crossing Against the light than I have ever done in my life.

-What is with the rain???? It is Bumming me Out.

-EverYthing is different. It's weird.

-Still no Jack Layton sightings.

-We don't have cable and get 7 channels. 5 of those channels are in french. I'm glad I'm not hooked on this season of Survivor because none of the channels is Global. We also don't get City TV...and their station is about 5 or so blocks away. Boo.

-Exciting news came yesterday...it made me a bit sad though. Perhaps you can figure that one out yourself.

-There is a 24 hour MacDonalds and a 24 hour grocery store within walking distance. I've only been to the grocery store, not the MacDonalds.

-Looking at the Canadian wine section is a little weird. It's all Ontario wine...I don't know anything about it. The only BC product in sight is Mission Hill.

-Lots of government buildings everywhere...

C'est tout pour maintenant...

4 comments:

Hez said...

Est-ce que tu pratiques ton français Mademoiselle? J’espère que oui parce que sinon, je serais très fâchée contre toi! (That was a very Nicolas thing to say!)

No hero yet... well there's time. Have you started lurking around the parliament buildings so that you can catch a glimpse?

24 hour McDonalds isn't tempting to me yet since I still remember that heartburn after the last time we went. Oooohhhhh the pain!!!!
That was when we still lived together.... *sigh*

Hez said...

For some reason I all of a sudden can't view my blog. Can you or someone try to look at it and tell me if it's not working for you either? and if so, what do I do?

K said...

I can't view it either. Perhaps login to blogger and there will be a "support" address or something like that...

Evey said...

I couldnt view my blog the other day for a while either. I guess it must have just been a server.

J walking.....just come to Boston, or more importantly Cambridge. Pedestrians there are the worst. How more people don't get run over is beyond me.