Monday, October 17, 2005

the joys of downtown livin'

Good times living downtown. I was just walking along, returning my two movies (Criminal: if you can do subtitles, the original version called Nine Queens/Nueve Reinas is much better AND Brown Bunny: don't even bother, it's 90 minutes of boredom that I will never ever get back...)and got to see some fun sights.

First came coca-cola man. Now I had some friends in high school that called coke "nectar of the gods" and perhaps this man felt the same way. He was walking down the street with a briefcase in one hand and the other hand, raised like the "flame hand" of the Statue of Liberty, holding a can of Coca-cola singing "What if god was one of uussssss". I felt a little bad when I started giggling to myself...

The next was a teenaged girl with "I'm so L.A." written in marker on her jeans. I didn't know that writing on your jeans was back. I thought it went out around the same time I threw out my jeans with I "heart" NKOTB on them...
Then of course, because it's downtown Ottawa and the department of defense is here, a Military Policeman walking along normally and then suddenly saluting a female officer that was walking towards him. It certainly took me aback, and it kind of looked like it surprised her as well.

It's fun to see such diversity...

2 comments:

Hez said...

Be excited! 2 whole parcels in the mail for you!!! One is from ME (and mum) and the other is a mystery!

K said...

a mystery parcel...how exciting!

and, i have a phone now...even more exciting!