Tuesday, September 06, 2005

i'm feeling a little guilty

I don't think it is the same kind of guilt as survivor's guilt...but it's something similar. Here I am worrying about finding a job in Ottawa and the fact that rent is higher and I have no idea when I will find a job and how much it will pay when there are people who have recently lost everything. They have gone from their normal existance to living in shelters. Many don't know the whereabouts of family memebers and friends. Their jobs don't exist anymore. Their houses don't exist anymore. Their lives as they know them simply don't exist anymore....
It puts my problems and my anxieties into perspective a bit...

2 comments:

revswife said...

So true. However our lives are our lives, and they are ours for a reason big or small we all have our "Katrinas".

thephoenixnyc said...

As yes, perspective. Don't feel guilty, just feel grateful.