Monday, September 26, 2005

100 things

I saw this on Noggin Bits and thought I'd give it a try.
So here are my 100 things:
1. I am a klutz.
2. I bruise easily.
3. The combination of 1 and 2 is not a good one.
4. I bought my first item of pink clothing this year.
5. My two biggest fears are failure and that I won’t live up to my potential.
6. I have an abnormally long big toe.
7. Though perhaps I just have abnormally short “other” toes.
8. I have lived in the same city for 25 years.
9. That makes me feel old.
10. About 5 years ago (maybe 6?) I was told I could have a spot in the Alliance of Miami Winterguard for the year.
11. I had knee surgery instead.
12. That winter I met Jordan…see how things work out?
13. When I was about 5, I wished my name was Chrystal. (I’m not sure why)
14. I love to read.
15. I often feel guilty about things that I can’t do anything about.
16. I can’t stand putting on an item of clothing if it’s not ironed.
17. Underwear is the exception.
18. It freaks me out a little when I’m packing to go somewhere and I’m not sure if there will be an iron (I have considered packing my own).
19. I hang most of my clothes to dry.
20. I LOVE dark chocolate.
21. I haven’t been swimming in at least a year (perhaps more).
22. I dye my hair.
23. My hair is VERY straight.
24. I don’t know if I am going to change my name come February.
25. I would like to get a Pug one day.
26. I will name it Sigmund.
27. I wish I could take days like today and put them in a bottle so that I can bring them out in the middle of winter.
28. I often wonder if the guys at the bottle depot are ripping you off.
29. I have never eaten a Big Mac.
30. I’m hoping to run into Jack Layton (leader of the New Democrats) in Ottawa.
31. I really like mystery books.
32. I’ve switched to diet coke and pepsi…I now find the regular stuff too sweet.
33. I am more sensitive than most people realize.
34. My least favourite colour of Skittle is yellow – sometimes I even throw them out rather than eat them (only if there’s no one to share them with though).
35. I have had 2 pets names Tacha; a cat and a dog.
36. Tacha the cat “went to live on a farm” just like Monica and Ross’s dog on Friends.
37. My sister and I had to take Tacha the dog to the emergency veterinary clinic to have her put down on Thanksgiving weekend when my dad was out of town.
38. I love flowers…I wish they weren’t so expensive.
39. My ID says my eyes are brown but I like to think they are hazel (there’s a lot of green in them…too much to be brown).
40. One of the first “adult” songs I remember hearing is “American Pie” by Don Maclean.
41. It makes me angry that life is so unfair.
42. I used to be allergic to red shellfish.
43. Now I can eat it to my heart’s content.
44. I was a pretty big band geek.
45. Because of that, I’m a world champion (yeah…take that).
46. I love musicals.
47. I don’t like it when people touch my neck.
48. My first car was a blue Nissan Multi.
49. I like Dill Pickle flavoured chips.
50. Lays makes the best ones.
51. I like beer.
52. I really do like watching hockey…I have since junior high.
53. I like playing Trivial Pursuit.
54. There was a year of my life that I had a headache every day.
55. I was proposed to in a parking lot.
56. I like bacon.
57. Birds scare me.
58. So do black dogs.
59. My grandma cracks me up.
60. Once upon a time, I was a little jealous that my cousins got to go to private school and I didn’t.
61. I’ve slept in a teepee.
62. I think I watch too much TV.
63. I’m sensitive to caffeine…it makes me jittery.
64. I was the girl that was often mistaken for a boy.
65. I’m fairly short torso-ed.
66. I like spicy food a lot more than I used to.
67. I really liked the movie “About a Boy”
68. I wish I owned it.
69. I enjoy most of the ethnic foods I’ve tried.
70. Ethiopian has been my least favourite.
71. Cupcakes are little pieces to heaven.
72. I’ve read each of the Harry Potter books more than once.
73. I love Christmas.
74. I’m going to miss the Bragg Creek area…it’s gorgeous.
75. I’ve always wished I could draw.
76. I started to like wine in Ajijic, Mexico.
77. Salsa and plain potato chips make a delicious snack.
78. I like snacks.
79. I used to lie about my weight…now I’m not 100% sure how much I weigh so it doesn’t matter.
80. Technically, Jordan and I met in a bar.
81. I’ve stayed on a sailboat for a week…without getting sick.
82. I like cats.
83. I went to a New Kids on the Block concert when I was 11.
84. The next “big” concert I went to after that was Korn.
85. I really like the new Dove ads and their campaign for real beauty.
86. I haven’t really felt all that pretty until the last couple of years.
87. I still have my days though…
88. I’ve always wanted to go to Greece.
89. The prescription for my left contact lens is -7.00
90. I like watching Jeopardy partially because my grandma used to make me watch it.
91. I love mittens.
92. Mangos are delicious.
93. I really like food.
94. I have a hard time spelling the word “carrot”.
95. I hate the name Wanda.
96. I’ve had food poisoning twice.
97. I have a hard time digesting milk products.
98. I don’t really like exercising, but I do it because I have to.
99. I am very grateful that I have so many people that care about me.
100. This took me a really long time

Congratulations if you made it all the way through!

6 comments:

Chrissy & Brian said...

That must have taken forever! Well done. I know now not to touch you neck ever and to check out your crazy toes! lol
Big B

revswife said...

I can relate to so many! Especially number twenty...MMMM!
You may be short wasted (which I have never noticed) but you have long legs!

Evey said...

Fun list! Your all starting to make me look bad, I suppose I should get on my list!

Hez said...

Evey I was thinking the same... I guess I should do it soon, but I hate school so much right now the whole things will probably be "1. I hate school. 2. School is dumb. 3. Why did I bother even going? etc. etc. Maybe I'll spare you all the boredom!

The Rev said...

"28. I often wonder if the guys at the bottle depot are ripping you off."

Me too.

"55. I was proposed to in a parking lot."

Why have I not heard the story? Do tell.

"89. The prescription for my left contact lens is -7.00"

What? They pay you? How does that work?

K said...

Steve-
55. Our first date started and ended in the Bishop Granding high school parking lot...so it seemed like a good place.

89. Oh no, they don't pay me...I pay them too much for my contacts. But the strength of the prescription is -7.00. The "-" means I'm nearsighted (a "+" means you're farsighted).