Wednesday, August 31, 2005

wow...

It's hard to believe that the pictures of what has happened in and around Louisianna and Mississippi are real. Water up to the roof...people stranded up there waiting for helicopters... It just seems so surreal. I feel sad for those people.

Here's my question though...who thought it would be a good idea to build a city in a 20 foot deep hole with a lake on one side and a river (and a big one at that) on the other? New Orleans is a bathtub...a giant bathtub that is being filled because of the damage to the levys. Who was the one that decided it would be the *perfect* place to set up?

And now I will probably never see it...It was one of those places I always wanted to visit. Stroll down the street, eat some crawfish, drink and be merry. I guess I'll just have to look at pictures of what used to be there...

3 comments:

Hez said...

I'm not saying that the city will be exactly like it was before, but won't they kind of rebuild it? Am I just really dumb to think that?

K said...

New Orleans is a fairly old city, so it will never be the same. You can rebuild it (though really in some ways why would you rebuild there when you know it will eventually happen again) but you can't make it what it was...

Evey said...

Ya its pretty sad. I dont think it will ever be the same either, never mind how much it will take to rebuild and how much they are going to lose money wise until then. Crazy. My sister in laws hubby went to school there for 3 years, left there last summer. Crazy to think had he still been living there.